October 17, 2007

RIP little man...

...just a quick one as I still feel a bit numb about it all.

Our belovèd cat, Bob, was killed yesterday after being run over.

He was absolutely beautiful and very friendly and a real character and we both miss him terribly.

I actually feel really very sad writing this, but at the same time feel a bit of a fraud. After all, he was just a cat, wasn't he?

Well, those of you who had the good fortune to have met him and the even luckier ones of you who'd spent just a little time with him would have know that he was much more to us than "just a cat".

So, Bob, RIP little man. Sleep peacefully.

6 comments:

Katie said...

Really sorry to hear that Andy.

Bob seemed to have many human-like qualities, from the stories we used to hear about him! So you shouldn't feel like a fraud, he wasn't 'just a cat'. He was a really cool cat.

I'm feeling quite sad and I only met him a couple of times...

Unknown said...

Aah! So sorry. xxx

Mitchenstein said...

Oh no!

Liz said...

Andy, that IS really sad.I can empathise with your loss, cats are cool pets.

youthwork southwest said...

Mate - I meant to write something here ages ago but never got round to it. I know how much you guys loved Bob - and he was indeed more than simply 'the cat'. No greiving is easy.

I suppose it means no more dead things brought into the house as signs of love...or does V still do that?

Loveya both,
M(+K)

Andy said...

Hi mate,

Nope, no more kill brought in so I guess that's no bad thing... especially as just before his demise he had moved on up...

...to baby moles and then rabbits. Yes, rabbits. Thankfully they were too big for him to bring through the catflap but still...