February 02, 2009

What is it about snow that turns us into kids?

I woke up this morning, looked out of the bedroom window, and saw the following:

Then I went to look out the front window and saw this:
So I went back to bed, reset the alarm and phoned in to say I was working from home (in fairness, the boss had advised us all to do just that in the event of bad weather when we spoke on Friday).
So we're both working from home today - me downstairs on the PC, her upstairs on the laptop. But everything within me is desperate to stuff work, head for the field in the first picture and have a snowball fight!
In other news, there is a major blog post on the way... in the next couple of weeks or so. Just wait, it'll be worth it!

6 comments:

Ed said...

I'm in work ... Watching the snow fall past my central London window, looking at the NXEA website and seeing my trains are 60 minutes delayed, and I WANT TO GO HOME AND BUILD SNOWMEN WITH MY CHILDREN!!!

Andy said...

Assuming you wouldn't be withdrawing your children from school just to force them to build snowmen with you...

...do so at once...

Ed said...

The school closes at 2pm ... WHY?!

I've sown the seeds for "working from home" tomorrow.

Anna said...

You has blogged!

(I thought if I'd comment you'd feel obliged to return the favour)

:-) haha, lovely view though. It must be nice to not do anyth...errrr... I mean work from home.

Anonymous said...

You should have taken an early lunch and come to Glebe Crescent for a snowball fight!!

Andy said...

We remedied it by going out in the field behind the house and making a 4ft snowman later on...