June 25, 2007

Sometimes you go to write something and then decide to check it first.

We've finally moved house. FINALLY! So we now live in a little village on the outskirts of Chelmsford, wake up to a beautiful countryside view, etc etc etc blah blah blah but for the most part, since moving in last Wednesday we've just enjoyed the wonderful vista... in the rain.

On the whole the move itself went fine, but particular highlights included:

  • having to do half the journey from Harlow to Chelmsford with the car windows wide open as the cat was a bit poorly on the way (poor thing, he wasn't best pleased at being put in his basket then into the car and showed it).
  • trying to get the sofa into the lounge. And failing. Instead, making do with putting the sofa upstairs in a spare bedroom, scuffing paintwork and plaster on the way, and vowing to get this rectified asap.
  • erm, that's it. Only two points. I'd make a rubbish officer.

But now we're settling in nicely but are still up to our ears in boxes etc.

So the title of this post. Do you ever get that, when you're just about to write or say something then you think "I'd better just check exactly what this means" and actually do check it?

Just had that. Was gonna call this post 'Like Flynn' (as in the phrase 'In like Flynn') but then checked it out. Google it for yourself if you can be bothered then realise why I scrapped it.

Hopefully I’ll get hooked up to t’interweb at home soon and stop being such a Luddite, then I can post more often. You can hardly wait. Go on, admit it...

3 comments:

Mitchenstein said...

I CAN hardly wait!

(And I appreciate the Wikipedia link, as I must confess I didn't know what a Luddite was... I'd heard the word lots of times before, but just nodded along.)

Andy said...

Yes but John, you and I both know that you and I both need to get out more.

Unknown said...

Congrats guys! Hope you are very happy there. I should be moving in some time next week hopefully!

Miss you guys, hope to see you soon!