January 23, 2008

Meet Megg and Mogg...





OK, so here are the new arrivals. This is Megg, a 6-year-old tortoiseshell, and below (actually, that's assuming Blogger has displayed them correctly) is Mogg, Megg's 5-year-old daughter.

We adopted them from a cat sanctuary at the weekend and they're lovely... albeit very very very timid. Megg has only emerged from under her bed this morning for the first time since arriving at ours on Sunday, while Mogg has got a bit more adventurous and will now let you stroke her and feed her from hand... and then probably go and hide again.

They were called Tootsie and Splodge but, well, y'know, we just didn't consider ourselves Tootsie and Splodge people, so Megg and Mogg it is.

Photos aren't, I'll admit, the greatest, but that was the closest I was able to get to them at the time (and I haven't quite figured out the light settings on my new phone yet either). Hopefully we'll have some more pics of them soon when they've settled in a bit more and won't go and hide when you look at them...

3 comments:

Katie said...

Ok, I'll let you have that one. They are as cool as the books.

And it was so nice to check your blog and not be greeted by 'It's been ages... again'. That was getting a little old (a bit like myself now that I'm 23- not that you noticed :-P)

Andy said...

They are too cool for school and you know it.

I'm currently typing this in the bathroom. Mogg is sleeping in her bed (currently in the sink as she decided to climb into the sink of her own accord on Monday so we thought we'd put the bed in there) while Megg is hiding under her bed... just for a change.

And stop going on about your birthday. Take it from someone who knows, once you get to that age you should stop going on about it... ;)

Mitchenstein said...

Andy, your public want another post :)

(Technically, I think it should be 'wants', what with 'public' being a collective, singular noun, but it just don't sound right).

I also wanted to email you about something, but I don't have your email address - might you be able to leave it on my blog as a comment, and then I just won't publish it. Cheers!